Frequently Asked QuestionsAce Harney
Here are a few frequently asked questions! If you have any other questions feel free to contact us anytime!
Why should you order from us??
- We offer the lowest prices for barcode numbers on the Internet.
- We have a vast amount of barcode numbers in our inventory and we feel that they should be priced low enough that everyone can afford them. The other companies have a limited amount of numbers; therefore, they charge as much as they can for the ones they have because once they sell out they’re done.
- Your barcodes will never expire.
- There’s no expiration date. They will always belong to you.
- There are no renewal fees.
- You pay for your barcodes once and that’s it. There are no additional fees and no hidden costs.
- There is no registration needed.
- No product information is needed.
- You do not have to tell us what products you will be assigning your barcodes to.
- We keep an up-to-date database of all divided barcode prefixes to ensure than no barcode numbers are ever duplicated.
- Information such as the name that the barcodes are transferred to, purchaser’s name, company name, address, telephone number, email address, and any other pertinent information.
- We have sold over 7 million of these barcodes without any issues.
- We guarantee our numbers.
- We email all orders within 24 hours, usually within just a few!!
- Money back guarantee! If we cannot help you get your items up and running we will refund your purchase to you.
General questions about barcodes.
- How many barcode numbers do I need to purchase?
- It is recommended to purchase more than you need. The more you buy at one time, the lower the price and if you suddenly need an additional barcode you will already have it. This avoids paying higher prices for smaller quantities in the future.
- Rule of Thumb: Every different product requires its own UNIQUE barcode number. Any time you change one thing about your product (color, size, scent, shape, quantity, etc.) it becomes a different product and needs its own barcode number.
- You should make up a merchandise list for your Retail Stores or sources you sell to, you can personalize the spreadsheet we’ve included in the barcode package for this purpose. You will need this list to give to your resellers (Retail Stores). The list should include, but not limited to: your company information, your assigned barcode number, product description, your selling price, your suggested retail price and any other pertinent information that would be useful to the wholesaler or retailer, like colors, sizes, etc.
- Are there any stores (retailers) that will not accept barcode numbers sold by Amazon UPC Barcodes or any other barcode reseller?
- Yes, certain retailers require that you supply a certificate directly from GS1. It is your responsibility to inquire with your retailers or resellers if they require a certificate from GS1. The majority of the companies do not require a certificate from GS1. As a matter of fact, we only found a few that do require a Certificate from GS1 which include, but not limited to, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Kroger, Macy’s, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Costco, Fred Meyer, and Bloomingdale’s. Also, if you are working with any stores that participate in the EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) program then you must buy your barcodes from the company GS1.
- If your retailer does require a GS1 Certificate, then you must purchase your Barcodes directly from GS1.
- What size are the barcodes when I receive the digital artwork for them and can I change the size?
- We send the digital artwork to you at 100% that is what it is called when it is approximately 1.5” x 1”. If you have to change the size, the width shouldnever go below 80% or 1.2”, but the height can be truncated down as small as you want, but we would recommend not going below .25”. If you have the room or space, it is recommended that you don’t change anything and use the barcode as we send it to you. The EPS file that we send to you should be used in all your graphic designs. Unless you have the correct Graphic Programs you will not be able to open the EPS file, but you should be able to open the JPG andPDF files for your viewing pleasure. For best reproduction results, the EPS file should be forwarded to all your professional people doing designs and layouts for you. They will have the Graphic Programs to work with and open the EPS file.
- Do I need to register my barcode numbers?
- Once you purchase your Barcode Numbers from Amazon UPC Barcodes, there is NO FURTHER REGISTRATION PROCESS. Those are your unique numbers and only YOU decide what product to assign them to. There is no further required or mandatory worldwide registration.
- Why doesn’t my company name come up when I scan my barcode with a smartphone?
- You need to get your barcode and your product associated with each other. You do this by listing your product on Amazon or any online listing service and you can contact the company that created the smartphone app to get listed in their database. Until that happens, the app will get the information directly from GS1’s GEPIR Database. This information is out of date because GS1 refuses to update their database with the current owner’s information for each barcode.
- Is my price or other information in my barcode?
- There is NO INFORMATION encoded in the bars except the number you visually can read below the barcode. This is called a HUMAN READABLE BARCODE. This UPC-A (12 digit number) or EAN-13 (13 digit number) is entered, from the list you create, into your resellers or retail stores computers (their database). In their computer, they associate, with this unique barcode, their retail price and product description (if necessary or wanted). For the same barcode number, each store will put their own price in their own computer for the barcode number scanned. NO PRICE or any other information is in the barcode, it is in YOUR CUSTOMER’S computer, associated with your unique barcode number, which creates a PRICE and other information.
- Is there a prefix associate with my barcodes?
- NO! When you purchase a barcode from Amazon UPC Barcodes you are purchasing only the individual Unique Number, not the Prefix. Years ago, a prefix that was purchased from GS1 and was called a manufactures number and it was only 6 digits long. Today, if you want to purchase a prefix and have it registered in your name, it must be purchased from GS1. The Prefix can be from 6 digits to 9 digits long, maybe 10 digits today, cost between (approximately) $165.00 to around $10,000.00 or higher and you will pay additional Annual Fees of $150.00 to $1,500.00 every year until you stop using your numbers. These figures aren’t accurate, but close because GS1 bases all charges on how many barcode numbers you want and the size or sales volume of your company. The prices are also constantly changing.
What comes in the barcode package??
- All of your barcode numbers in a .txt and .pdf file to ensure easy readability!
- A Certificate of Authenticity. This is your proof of ownership. It will show that we have transferred ownership of the barcodes you purchased from Amazon UPC Barcodes to you or your company.
- Digital barcode artwork for all of your barcode numbers in PNG or JPG formats.
- You can use the artwork to create your own labels or for printing directly on your product packaging.
- We offer the lowest prices on the Internet.
- If you find any cheaper barcodes on the internet we will give you an additional 15% off their price!
Where are my barcodes?
- All of our barcodes are manually processed to ensure they are 100% unique and unused. We email all of our barcodes to the email address you provide to us!
- We try to have the barcodes sent to your email address within a few hours but we kindly ask for you to wait up to 24 hours.
- If its been 24 hours and you still haven’t received your barcodes contact us IMMEDIATELY!