Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked QuestionsAce HarneyHere are a few frequently asked questions! If you have any other questions feel free to contact us anytime!
Why should you order from us??
- We offer the lowest prices for barcode numbers on the Internet.
- We have a vast amount of barcode numbers in our inventory and we feel that they should be priced low enough that everyone can afford them. The other companies have a limited amount of numbers; therefore, they charge as much as they can for the ones they have because once they sell out they're done.
- Your barcodes will never expire.
- There’s no expiration date. They will always belong to you.
- There are no renewal fees.
- You pay for your barcodes once and that’s it. There are no additional fees and no hidden costs.
- There is no registration needed.
- No product information is needed.
- You do not have to tell us what products you will be assigning your barcodes to.
- We keep an up-to-date database of all divided barcode prefixes to ensure than no barcode numbers are ever duplicated.
- Information such as the name that the barcodes are transferred to, purchaser’s name, company name, address, telephone number, email address, and any other pertinent information.
- We have sold over 7 million of these barcodes without any issues.
- We guarantee our numbers.
- We email all orders within 24 hours, usually within just a few!!
- Money back guarantee! If we cannot help you get your items up and running we will refund your purchase to you.
General questions about barcodes.
- How many barcode numbers do I need to purchase?
- It is recommended to purchase more than you need. The more you buy at one time, the lower the price and if you suddenly need an additional barcode you will already have it. This avoids paying higher prices for smaller quantities in the future.
- Rule of Thumb: Every different product requires its own UNIQUE barcode number. Any time you change one thing about your product (color, size, scent, shape, quantity, etc.) it becomes a different product and needs its own barcode number.
- You should make up a merchandise list for your Retail Stores or sources you sell to, you can personalize the spreadsheet we’ve included in the barcode package for this purpose. You will need this list to give to your resellers (Retail Stores). The list should include, but not limited to: your company information, your assigned barcode number, product description, your selling price, your suggested retail price and any other pertinent information that would be useful to the wholesaler or retailer, like colors, sizes, etc.
- Are there any stores (retailers) that will not accept barcode numbers sold by Amazon UPC Barcodes or any other barcode reseller?
- Yes, certain retailers require that you supply a certificate directly from GS1. It is your responsibility to inquire with your retailers or resellers if they require a certificate from GS1. The majority of the companies do not require a certificate from GS1. As a matter of fact, we only found a few that do require a Certificate from GS1 which include, but not limited to, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Kroger, Macy’s, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Costco, Fred Meyer, and Bloomingdale’s. Also, if you are working with any stores that participate in the EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) program then you must buy your barcodes from the company GS1.
- If your retailer does require a GS1 Certificate, then you must purchase your Barcodes directly from GS1.
- What size are the barcodes when I receive the digital artwork for them and can I change the size?
- We send the digital artwork to you at 100% that is what it is called when it is approximately 1.5” x 1”. If you have to change the size, the width should never go below 80% or 1.2”, but the height can be truncated down as small as you want, but we would recommend not going below .25”. If you have the room or space, it is recommended that you don’t change anything and use the barcode as we send it to you. The EPS file that we send to you should be used in all your graphic designs. Unless you have the correct Graphic Programs you will not be able to open the EPS file, but you should be able to open the JPG and PDF files for your viewing pleasure. For best reproduction results, the EPS file should be forwarded to all your professional people doing designs and layouts for you. They will have the Graphic Programs to work with and open the EPS file.
- Do I need to register my barcode numbers?
- Once you purchase your Barcode Numbers from Amazon UPC Barcodes, there is NO FURTHER REGISTRATION PROCESS. Those are your unique numbers and only YOU decide what product to assign them to. There is no further required or mandatory worldwide registration.
- Why doesn’t my company name come up when I scan my barcode with a smartphone?
- You need to get your barcode and your product associated with each other. You do this by listing your product on Amazon or any online listing service and you can contact the company that created the smartphone app to get listed in their database. Until that happens, the app will get the information directly from GS1’s GEPIR Database. This information is out of date because GS1 refuses to update their database with the current owner’s information for each barcode.
- Is my price or other information in my barcode?
- There is NO INFORMATION encoded in the bars except the number you visually can read below the barcode. This is called a HUMAN READABLE BARCODE. This UPC-A (12 digit number) or EAN-13 (13 digit number) is entered, from the list you create, into your resellers or retail stores computers (their database). In their computer, they associate, with this unique barcode, their retail price and product description (if necessary or wanted). For the same barcode number, each store will put their own price in their own computer for the barcode number scanned. NO PRICE or any other information is in the barcode, it is in YOUR CUSTOMER’S computer, associated with your unique barcode number, which creates a PRICE and other information.
- Is there a prefix associate with my barcodes?
- NO! When you purchase a barcode from Amazon UPC Barcodes you are purchasing only the individual Unique Number, not the Prefix. Years ago, a prefix that was purchased from GS1 and was called a manufactures number and it was only 6 digits long. Today, if you want to purchase a prefix and have it registered in your name, it must be purchased from GS1. The Prefix can be from 6 digits to 9 digits long, maybe 10 digits today, cost between (approximately) $165.00 to around $10,000.00 or higher and you will pay additional Annual Fees of $150.00 to $1,500.00 every year until you stop using your numbers. These figures aren’t accurate, but close because GS1 bases all charges on how many barcode numbers you want and the size or sales volume of your company. The prices are also constantly changing.
What comes in the barcode package??
- All of your barcode numbers in a .txt and .pdf file to ensure easy readability!
- A Certificate of Authenticity. This is your proof of ownership. It will show that we have transferred ownership of the barcodes you purchased from Amazon UPC Barcodes to you or your company.
- Digital barcode artwork for all of your barcode numbers in PNG or JPG formats.
- You can use the artwork to create your own labels or for printing directly on your product packaging.
- We offer the lowest prices on the Internet.
- If you find any cheaper barcodes on the internet we will give you an additional 15% off their price!
Where are my barcodes?
- All of our barcodes are manually processed to ensure they are 100% unique and unused. We email all of our barcodes to the email address you provide to us!
- We try to have the barcodes sent to your email address within a few hours but we kindly ask for you to wait up to 24 hours.
- If its been 24 hours and you still haven't received your barcodes contact us IMMEDIATELY!
Terms of ServiceAce Harney
Agreement between user and www.AmazonUPCBarcodes.com
Welcome to www.AmazonUPCBarcodes.com. www.AmazonUPCBarcodes.com is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein (the "Terms"). Your use of www.AmazonUPCBarcodes.com constitutes your agreement to all such Terms. Please read these terms carefully, and keep a copy of them for your reference. By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
www.AmazonUPCBarcodes.com is a E-commerce Site created to sell barcodes at a reasonable price without any annual fees.
Visiting www.AmazonUPCBarcodes.com or sending emails to AmazonUPCBarcodes constitutes electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. We do send out periodic emails with an opt-out option. It is your responsibility to remain on or to be removed from our mailing list.
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. You acknowledge that AmazonUPCBarcodes is not responsible for third party access to your account that results from theft or misappropriation of your account. Amazon UPC Barcodes and its associates reserve the right to refuse or cancel service, terminate accounts, or remove or edit content in our sole discretion.
AmazonUPCBarcodes does not knowingly collect, either online or offline, personal information from persons under the age of thirteen. If you are under 18, you may use www.AmazonUPCBarcodes.com only with permission of a parent or guardian.
Use of Site
This site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Information on this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information, including product pricing and availability, may be changed or updated without notice. AmazonUPCBarcodes and its subsidiaries reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders in its discretion, including, without limitation, if AmazonUPCBarcodes believes that customer conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to the interests of AmazonUPCBarcodes and its subsidiaries.
Limitation of Liability
Except as expressly provided herein, AmazonUPCBarcodes.com, makes no other warranty, express or implied. Acceptance of your barcodes, including but not limited to UPC/EAN/ITF-14 numbers, and all other aspects of your product are at the sole discretion of your product resellers. It is your responsibility to confirm any particular restrictions and requirements imposed by your resellers prior to placing your order with AmazonUPCBarcodes. AmazonUPCBarcodes shall not be liable to registrant for any loss or injury resulting from any use of the UPC or EAN barcode numbers and/or barcodes by the registrant or other parties.
AmazonUPCBarcodes shall not be held liable to registrant for incidental or consequential damages, regardless of whether such damages are foreseeable, whether such damages are deemed to result from the failure or inadequacy of any exclusive or other remedy or whether AmazonUPCBarcodes has been advised of such damages.
The materials on AmazonUPCBarcodes’ website are provided "as is". AmazonUPCBarcodes makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, AmazonUPCBarcodes does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
Money Back Guarantee! If we cannot help get your items up and running with our barcode numbers we offer a full refund on your purchase.
Once your order has been processed, the barcode numbers are immediately being processed and assigned to you and they become your property. We will send the barcodes out to your email address manually within a few hours, we kindly ask for you to wait upto 24 hours.
We do guarantee that you will receive all of the barcodes that you purchased, that the barcodes are only assigned to you, that all of your barcode numbers will be legal and legitimate, and that we stand behind our numbers.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect credit card transactions through industry standard SSL encryption and the use of secure internet payment services. In order to complete a transaction, payment information may be transferred through credit card processing companies who interact with your bank or credit card company. For your protection, AmazonUPCBarcodes does not retain any credit card information. Also, when you download your barcode order your link is authenticated and encrypted to protect your information.
AmazonUPCBarcodes has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by AmazonUPCBarcodes of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
Links to third party sites/Third party services
www.AmazonUPCBarcodes.com may contain links to other websites ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under the control of AmazonUPCBarcodes and AmazonUPCBarcodes is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. AmazonUPCBarcodes is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by AmazonUPCBarcodes of the site or any association with its operators.
Certain services made available via www.AmazonUPCBarcodes.com are delivered by third party sites and organizations. By using any product, service or functionality originating from the www.AmazonUPCBarcodes.com domain, you hereby acknowledge and consent that AmazonUPCBarcodes may share such information and data with any third party with whom AmazonUPCBarcodes has a contractual relationship to provide the requested product, service or functionality on behalf of www.AmazonUPCBarcodes.com users and customers.
No unlawful or prohibited use/Intellectual Property
All content included as part of the Service, such as text, graphics, logos, images, as well as the compilation thereof, and any software used on the Site, is the property of AmazonUPCBarcodes or its suppliers and protected by copyright and other laws that protect intellectual property and proprietary rights. You agree to observe and abide by all copyright and other proprietary notices, legends or other restrictions contained in any such content and will not make any changes thereto.
You will not modify, publish, transmit, reverse engineer, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part, found on the Site. AmazonUPCBarcodes content is not for resale. Your use of the Site does not entitle you to make any unauthorized use of any protected content, and in particular you will not delete or alter any proprietary rights or attribution notices in any content. You will use protected content solely for your personal use, and will make no other use of the content without the express written permission of AmazonUPCBarcodes and the copyright owner. You agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights in any protected content. We do not grant you any licenses, express or implied, to the intellectual property of AmazonUPCBarcodes or our licensors except as expressly authorized by these Terms.
Any claim relating to AmazonUPCBarcodes’ website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Website.
The Service is controlled, operated and administered by AmazonUPCBarcodes from our offices within the USA. If you access the Service from a location outside the USA, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws. You agree that you will not use the AmazonUPCBarcodes Content accessed through www.AmazonUPCBarcodes.com in any country or in any manner prohibited by any applicable laws, restrictions or regulations.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless AmazonUPCBarcodes, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) relating to or arising out of your use of or inability to use the Site or services, any user postings made by you, your violation of any terms of this Agreement or your violation of any rights of a third party, or your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. AmazonUPCBarcodes reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with AmazonUPCBarcodes in asserting any available defenses.
In no event shall AmazonUPCBarcodes or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on AmazonUPCBarcodes’ Internet site, even if AmazonUPCBarcodes or a AmazonUPCBarcodes authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. AmazonUPCBarcodes AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE SITE AT ANY TIME.
AmazonUPCBarcodes AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED ON THE SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. AmazonUPCBarcodes AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
AmazonUPCBarcodes reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Site and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice. To the maximum extent permitted by law, this agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Georiga and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Georgia in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Site. Use of the Site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these Terms, including, without limitation, this section.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and AmazonUPCBarcodes as a result of this agreement or use of the Site. AmazonUPCBarcodes's performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of AmazonUPCBarcodes's right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Site or information provided to or gathered by AmazonUPCBarcodes with respect to such use. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and AmazonUPCBarcodes with respect to the Site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and AmazonUPCBarcodes with respect to the Site. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent an d subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. It is the express wish to the parties that this agreement and all related documents be written in English.
Changes to Terms
AmazonUPCBarcodes reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change the Terms under which www.AmazonUPCBarcodes.com is offered. The most current version of the Terms will supersede all previous versions. AmazonUPCBarcodes encourages you to periodically review the Terms to stay informed of our updates. By using this web site you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
AmazonUPCBarcodes welcomes your questions or comments regarding the Terms of Service:
Effective as of June 1, 2014